The Parent Portal
This online resource will provide parent/guardians with valuable information and data about your child’s academic performance and progress.
This system allows you to view:
- Attendance Record
- Grades by Subject
- Test & Quiz Scores
- Homework Assignments
- Student Schedules
Please be assured that your child’s academic records are secure and private. Access to this information is restricted by your secure log on.
How to obtain access to the Parent Portal
Website address: https://powerschool.lehighton.org/public
You will need a username and password to log onto the portal. If you have not received these, please contact the school your child attends to obtain one.
To access the Parent Portal Users Guide, http://www.lehighton.org/PP_Users_Guide.pdf
- Access the portal periodically – check each subject once a week.
- Monitor your child’s progress and use this knowledge to show a genuine interest in their academic performance.
- Use this information as a way to starts a meaningful dialog with your child. Example: Describe what you learned? What did you find challenging?
- Value what your child is learning more than grades they are earning.
- Ask your child how often they review the portal. Share your use of the portal with them openly and honestly.
- The portal is not a substitute for face-to-face conversations with our teachers.
- Establish a homework time, review assignments together.
- Encourage and support goals for your child’s continuous improvement
We suggest parents/guardians avoid
- Micromanaging your child’s progress by checking the portal too frequently.
- Communicating grades before the teacher has reviewed them with your child.
- Overreacting to a less than desirable score or grade.