Thank you for your interest in volunteering your time at the Lehighton Area School District. We know that your personal time is valuable and our students and staff greatly appreciate your commitment to volunteer in our school buildings, at events or at student activities. In addition, as a volunteer, you will provide a great example and will be a role model to all of our students.
Examples of volunteer positions and activities that fit the definitions above and are required to have clearances include, but not limited to:
- Chaperoning for multiple DAYTIME field trips
- Chaperoning one or more OVERNIGHT field trips
- Club and Activity volunteers
- Regular volunteer service/attendance at our schools to assist teachers in classrooms
- Regular volunteer service/attendance at after school club events to help supervise students (i.e: band camps, etc.)
The MOST recent amendments to the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services law were effective August 25, 2015 stating that clearances are required for ALL volunteers and need to be renewed every 5 years or 60 months.
A volunteer as defined above will be required to provide the following clearances, as per District Policy:
- PA State Police Clearance (Free for Volunteers)
- Child Abuse Clearance (Free for Volunteers)
- FBI Fingerprint Clearance ($22.60 for Volunteers)
You will find more information about the requirements and process for obtaining your volunteer clearances through the links below.
The clearances and related documents must be submitted to the Lehighton Area School District Superintendent's office for review. Clearance documents maybe scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you may mail or hand deliver the clearance documents to the Superintendent's office. The Superintendent's office is located in the Administration Building at 1000 Union Street, Lehighton, PA 18235.
Links for Volunteer Clearances: