We are now utilizing a new Volunteer Clearance submission process!!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering your time at the Lehighton Area School District. We know that your personal time is valuable and our students and staff greatly appreciate your commitment to volunteer in our school buildings, at events or at student activities. In addition, as a volunteer, you will provide a great example and will be a role model to all of our students.
Examples of volunteer positions and activities that fit the definitions above and are required to have clearances include, but not limited to:
- Chaperoning for DAYTIME field trips
- Chaperoning OVERNIGHT field trips
- Club and Activity volunteers
- Regular volunteer service/attendance at our schools to assist teachers in classrooms
- Regular volunteer service/attendance at after school club events to help supervise students (i.e: band camps, etc.)
A volunteer as defined above will be required to provide the following clearances, as per District Policy:
- PA State Police Clearance (Free for Volunteers)
- Child Abuse Clearance (Free for Volunteers)
- FBI Fingerprint Clearance ($22.60 for Volunteers)
The MOST recent amendments to the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services law were effective August 25, 2015 stating that clearances are required for ALL volunteers and must be renewed every 5 years or 60 months.
All Clearances must be submitted to the District for review and verification and will need to be less than one (1) year old upon submission.
You will find more information about the requirements and process for obtaining your volunteer clearances through the links below:
**Please note that Volunteer Fingerprint Clearances must now be submitted through IdentoGO with the DHS - Volunteer code. Due to confidentiality laws and statutes, an applicant’s result should be provided to the applicant directly and it is at the discretion of the applicant to provide their result to the employer or other person responsible for the selection of volunteers. Any questions can be discussed with the Clearance Verification Unit at ChildLine directly – at (717)783-6211 or (877)371-5422 (toll free) Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm EST or email at RA-PWCPSLQUESTIONS@pa.gov.